Energy, Mines and Resources

Energy, Mines & Resources

Tis the season for Christmas Trees

Yukon householders can cut up to 2 Christmas Trees per household from vacant public land or specific areas within the City of Whitehorse limits.

If you need more information on a suitable place to cut your tree, contact the Forest Management Branch at 1-800-661-0408 ext. 3999 or visit your community Compliance Monitoring and Inspection office.

... and have a safe and happy holiday season!

Commercial agriculture lots for sale

The Agriculture Branch is currently offering soil based agriculture lots in the following areas:

The parcels are part of a planned agriculture land release and will be sold using an evaluative process. Project plans will be evaluated with an offer of sale to the applicants who demonstrate the clearest understanding of developing a sustainable commercial farming enterprise. Detailed information is available through the links above.

Energy, Mines and Resources news

Yukon ranked one of Canada’s top mineral exploration jurisdictions
November 15, 2018 - Mineral exploration plays a key role in the long-term viability of Yukon’s mineral sector.

Scott and Jackie Dickson are Yukon’s 2018 Farmers of the Year
November 5, 2018 - Meet Yukon’s 2018 Farmers of the Year!

Amendments to Territorial Lands and Forest Resources Acts tabled
October 1, 2018 - Proposed amendments to close loopholes and increase fines for violations under the Forestry and Territorial Lands acts were tabled today.